Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reasons

Right now I had planned on studying my scriptures for my class but ever since church today I have been talking to friends and cleaning. The entire time I have been dying to write this stuff in my blog so studying wasnt going very well.

One thing that I have thought about this past week is reasons. Why are we doing what we are doing? Why are we were we are in life? Why are we in the situations that we are in? If you have any belief in a religion at all, I think part of you believes to an extent that things happen for a reason.
In church today, while my bishop was speaking, he asked that by the end of the semester we will know why we are here and make sure it is for the right reasons that we are doing the things we are. This hit me hard. For years I have not felt like I have done things for the correct reasons. It might be for my parents, for my friends, to look cool, or even just for the money. But, we all should take a look at our lives and every time we do something; stop, think, and say to yourself, " who am i doing this for." If you are doing it for yourself then you are doing good. Some of you might think that I am ignoring service, and other things that you do for other people. Those things are also for yourself. You do those things because YOU want to. You don't do nice things like that only because the other person wants you to. Then you are doing it for the wrong reason. When we do things for other people, we should want to do them.
For the first time in my life, I feel like I am doing everything I am doing to better improve my life and because I want to. I open up books and read them because I want to. I read my textbooks because I want to. I don't have to read any of this. I could be working right now, or even playing somewhere all the time. Instead, I am choosing to study and become a better person in the best environment possible. I am up here because I want to be. Thinking that is still new and kind of weird to me. I am enjoying going to class. I know that in less then four years, I will be graduated and ready to start my career in something I love. Hopefully by the end of this semester I will have 100 percent decided on what that is.
I hope all of you understand what I mean by reasons for doing things. We must do what we do to because we want to. I think I finally have the idea that explains this the best. Doing something because we are scared what someone else will, think, say or do, is the wrong reason to do something. I just feel super proud to finally be able to say I am here because I want to be and am super excited that I finally made that decision.
Since I did not write last night due to the lack of things that happened.. Ill just mention really fast that I went to my very first concert that I could wear jeans to. All of the previous "concerts that I had been to were orchestras and other things that my father had purchased tickets for that required semi formal dress. It was Brooke white concert. Was it a date? Some might be wondering. My dad would think so because in his mind if a girl is next to me at an event and its even numbers or whatever then its a date. Well he used to think like that in a way. But, it was not officially anything. However, I will write this hoping to not offend anyone but merely to only entertain those who read this as well as myself. One of the most amazing girls I have ever met did use the extra ticket that I bought. It was just a little weird how she ended up going. To all the girls I have met before, your amazing too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment