Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friends

Today was a semi-uneventful day. Not much happened in my History class or english class. Although, in english, we talked a little about our potentials. I have always been told what my potential is but have not really believed it for myself or tested it. I think this semester will be a giant leap of figuring out and showing myself my potential if i put forth the effort that I tend to put out in things I am interested in. As my teacher challenged us to do in class. I challenge you all to reflect on your potential in what your everyday life is. What could you do better? What improvements can you make to reach that potential? We had to write about this as a student, but all of us can apply this to our everyday lives.
Tonight was probably my favorite night so far. We started out with a round of laser tag at this local place, followed by hanging out at Mt Pines.. Aleesha is a friend from San Bernardino whose apt we always end up at. Even though Aleesha and everyone else I have known for the past week were playing a game I bought called Phase 10 twist, I decided to sit out and talk to one of her room mates that arrived here yesterday. She had a friend come over, and then my friend Taylor Rohm showed up.. We played NERTS (panic) for a while and then a few more people showed up. We ended up with an intense game of cards going in which i more then double all of their scores. It was a fun night with people I didnt meet until tonight. I really enjoy meeting all of these new people and getting to know them all. For the past few years in San Bernardino there really hasnt been very many new faces and that what I love doing is meeting new people.
I guess to sum up this post entitled friends, I shall try to figure out how to end this. I guess on this slow day of great experiences, I am tending to forget the most important part of your life. Your friends!!! Treasure them, hold them close, make more, and do all you to serve and include those around you. If you have any questions or comments leave them in the comments area. If you feel you want more information or something answered just let me know. Until tomorrow................. ( well until 20 hours from now)

3 comments:

  1. Me too. It's sweet that you are now referring to yourself as the "old me" now, even though I like the old you and I hope you keep a lot of the old you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say math is your strength. Your writing is obviously a strength as well. Give 100% in that english class. It will payback forever.....I was worried about the "card" game but then you mentioned points (not money) :) Love you

    ReplyDelete